Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year, A New Calling



As the title states. I have a new calling. I have been serving as the 2nd counselor in our ward's Bishopric since 1 January 2006. Just this past Sunday I was released from that calling and it was announced that Both Linda and Myself will now serve in a C.E.S. (Church Educational System) Calling as Institute Teachers. We do not have full details yet, nor have we been set apart, however we should have more information later on this week.

I truly enjoyed serving in the ward Bishopric. It was there that I learned fully the joy found in serving. Granted I had my difficult times with everything else I have to pack into my schedule, and lack of administrative knowledge. However through the blessings of our Heavenly Father I was able to do some good and learn quite a bit.

I'm grateful for those that I was able to work with in my previous calling and all that they were able to teach me. I've had some wonderful experiences and am looking forward to the experiences and lessons that I will have the opportunity to have in my next calling. I can't speak for Linda, but I'm really excited to teach.

Relevant Links:
www.lds.org
www.mormon.org
www.ldsces.org

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that should be an interesting calling! so-who's new in the bishopric??

Anonymous said...

You done good, my man!