Saturday, January 5, 2008

Grand Unveiling of the Colloton Family Art Gallery

Today I got the bright idea to let the kids do a little finger painting. John had done this once or twice before, but this was Kelsey's first crack at getting her hands dirty. I taped down some bristol, which is the heaviest paper I have that I'm willing to let the kids finger paint on, put some bibs on them and let them go at it.
Kelsey needed just a bit of a nudge to get going so I drew a yellow sphere on her paper. John jumped right in, but only after first declaring that "Blue is for boys."


After the mess was cleaned up and the children cleaned off I had another bright idea. A family back home in Illinois that I had come to know through my membership in the LDS church had their kids art in frames by their front door. Not only did it really give some amazing life to the place, but it made the children feel extra special. Linda and I had talked about doing this for sometime, and today was the day. We went to Megalo-mart (read:Wal-Mart) and picked up some nice frames.

The result is the newly opened Colloton Family Art Gallery.



Kelsey's Piece:


Untitled: Finger-paint on Bristol, 9" x 12", 2007

John's Piece:


Untitled: Finger-paint on Bristol, 9" x 12", 2007

Daddy's Contribution:


Digital reproduction of :
Figure Study: Jessica, NuPastel on Canson White, 18" x 24", 2007


Mommy's Contribution:

No comments: