Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Winter Zoo Day


Okay, so we decided to do something for President's Day that we've never done before. We took a trip to the Hogle Zoo. There's been hardly any snow at our house (not unusual for a place by a lake) but the zoo had a foot on the park where the kids HAD to play! Ah well, they had fun.


There weren't too many animals out and about. All of the African animals (elephants, giraffes, primates, etc) were put away for the winter and we couldn't see them. Well, that is except the ostriches. Weird, if you ask me. But the tigers were lazing around and the Amur leopard was pacing. So, at least the big cats were actually doing something. Normally, they just lie in the shade and pant during the summer time.


Jack walked most of the way, choosing only inopportune times to get out of the stroller while I was pushing it. But he had some fun this time and wasn't left home to nap. The zoo wasn't even that busy. We got front row parking! It's amazing I got some good shots, since I the sun was so bright and I couldn't see the display on my phone! I was just hoping they turned out okay.

No comments: