Monday, August 11, 2008

S'more Chickens

Well, we've finally got the chickens in their new house and the girls seem to lovin' it. Macher did all the work...well, I helped pound a few nails....but Mom did it all. From designing to the building and everything! She's quite a handy woman to keep around. She even got "rid" of the boy chickens who were turning into regular roosters! Mmmm...chicken wings never tasted so good.

Here are a few pics to let you see the great work Mom did! Let her know what you think! Congratulate her on her first building!
BTW...one of the hens...I've named her S'more 'cause she reminds me of a toasted marshmallow. She's pretty and she's friendly. That's Kelsey's finger trying to pet her in the picture.

2 comments:

Garrit Jacobson said...

NO WAY! Okay, I have been DYING to get some chickens. I want to build a chicken coop next spring. I'll have to call you up and pick your brain (pun intended).

Garrit Jacobson said...

Oh, sorry, this is Leah :)